Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak
- 8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion – Sliced
- 6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms - Sliced (optional)
- 2 Tbs. Real Butter
- 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Garlic - Minced
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice the tops off of the peppers or slice in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds.
- Add butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms (optional), onions and salt and pepper to a large sauté pan (I prefer a cast iron pan) and cook over low-medium heat. Sauté until onions and (optional) mushrooms are tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion & mushroom mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of cheese and fill with the meat mixture and top with another slice of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until peppers are tender and/or the cheese on top is golden brown.
I would love to hear your ideas or if you try this, what you think. Go ahead
and comment below.